Кучерявая Татьяна Леонидовна
Вид занятия: практическое
Цели: 1) Пополнение активного словаря студентов профессиональной лексикой;
2) Совершенствование навыков диалогической речи, чтения, аудирования;
3) Развитие кругозора студентов, тренировка памяти и внимания
4) Развитие интереса студентов к будущей профессиональной деятельности
Формы организации занятия: индивидуальная, парная, групповая
Методы обучения: коммуникативный метод, деловая игра, упражнения
Межпредметные связи: бухгалтерский учет, менеджмент
Оборудование: ноутбук, проектор, экран, презентация, раздаточный материал
Литература: Market Leader 3rd Edition Elementary, Course Book with CD
— Good afternoon, students! Take your places! The theme of our lesson is choosing a career [kəˈrɪə]. Today we continue speaking about your future profession, about skills and abilities you need in your future job.
Слайд 1- тема урока
— What is your future profession? An accountant. And some of you will work as managers, I think.
— Look at the board! There are some adjectives, describing people. What suits an accountant and what suits a manager? Match these features.
Absent-minded, ambitious [æmˈbɪʃəs],
Bright (способный), calm (спокойный),
capable[ˈkeɪpəbl] (способный), clever, communicative,
Diligent (прилежный), double-faced, fair, honest [ˈɔnɪst], kind, lazy, modest (скромный), patient [ˈpeɪʃənt] (терпеливый),
Persistent [pəˈsɪstənt] (упорный), polite,
Reliable (надежный), reserved (сдержанный),
Rude (грубый), selfish, strong-willed, wise
Слайд 2 – прилагательные по теме
— What do you like in your future job? What don’t you like? Choose the activities. What would you like doing?
· A lot of telephone work
· Writing lots of reports
· Working with the same people
· Working with a lot of different people
· Working on your own
· Sharing an office
· Using English at work
· Working flexible hours (including weekends)
· Casual dress
— On the board you see “European Manager”. What skills and experience you need to get this job?
— Look at the advertisement. Read it, use dictionaries to understand vocabulary. Complete the advertisement using verbs from the box. They mean the same as the verbs in brackets.
Lead — Be in charge [ʧɑːʤ] of (вести, руководить)
Start — Setup (устанавливать, создавать)
Teach – Train
Make more – Increase
Create – Develop (создать, разработать)
Make better – Improve
Control – Manage
Think about future – Plan
Arrange — Organize
Take action — Deal with (заниматься)
— Let’s check the answers.
— Is this job interesting? Would you apply for it?
— To get this job you need to have some experience. Look at the second part of this advertisement and complete it.
— Check your answers in pairs.
Слайд 5, распечатка для каждого студента
— To get the job you need to go to a job interview. What questions can you hear at the job interview?
— Match the job interview questions with their answers.
— Listen and check.
a) I now have more responsibility and work longer hours.
b) Well, I lead the sales team. I’m also chairperson of a local business association.
c) I wanted to earn more money.
d) Well, the boss in my last company wasn’t easy to work with.
e) I’ve worked for six companies.
Слайд 6, аудиозапись 1, карточки
— Christine Kramer is applying for a job. Listen to her job interview. Complete her answers.
— Can you remember the questions from the job interview?
|Аудиозапись 2, карточки|
|— Listen to an interview. What questions have you heard?||Аудиозапись 2, карточки|
— Practice to use these phrases in pairs.
— Our lesson is over.
— What have you known today?
— What words have you learnt?
— What questions can you hear at the job interview?
— Was the information necessary for you?
Home task: Imagine, you are applying for a job as an accountant. Make up dialogues “At the job interview” at home.
- Why do you want this job?
- First of all, I like meeting people and getting people to work together as a team. And then I like travelling and using my languages. I really want to work for this organization. It has an excellent reputation. I think with my experience in sales and in teambuilding I can contribute to its success in Western Europe.
- What are your strengths?
- I’m fluent in German and English. I get on well with people. I’m also good at managing people and getting them to achieve results together. I love organizing events for clients, and I think I’m very good at that.
- What mistakes have you made?
- Well, I’m not really patient when people don’t meet deadlines.
- What kind of people do you work well with?
- As a team leader, I have to work with all kinds of people. But the people I like best are those who work hard and who are reliable.
- What are your interests?
- I have a lot of different interests. As I said before I like travelling and I like discovering new cultures. I also like aerobics and skiing.
- Do you have any questions to ask us?
- If I get the job, when would you like me to start?